This recipe was inspired by my Husband’s love for snacks… and wasabi–the man LOVES spicy foods. While I do not share the passion for spicy, I love to make healthy snacks, filled with nutrients, minerals, and vitamins, and having ZERO negative health effects. So, I created a very special snack for him. The best part about it–anyone can make it–there is no measuring cup involved!
Bean Snackers–the Perfect Fat Free Movie Snack
- cooked garbanzo (aka chickpeas) beans–any amount, but the more the better
- your favorite spices–multi-purpose, wasabi, hot sauce, or anything else you love
- a dash of salt, but not necessary
- If you like your snacks salty, salt the water you cook garbanzos in. The make flavor even more saturated, add spices and hot sauce to the boiling water and let them cook into the beans.
- Strain water (you can save it to make soups), flavor garbazos with your favorite spices. For my husband’s half, we added wasabi powder to the beans.
- Toss to coat beans
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Spread garbanzos over the paper in a single row
- Place on the bottom or middle rack in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing them every 3-5 minutes, so they do not burn
- Once the beans begin to get dry (taste them) and golden, take them out and let them cool off until cold–they will get crunchy
- You can store them for a long time (I would highly recommend in a refrigerator, in a glass jar)