I made a super delicious, slurpilicious green smoothie this morning that I absolutely have to share with you. It did not look green a bit, and its chocolaty goodness had me asking for more.
Eat Like A Warrior Green Smoothie
- 2 c water
- 2 ripe pears
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1.5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tbsp maca root powder
- 1.5 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 HUGE handfuls spinach
- 3-4 cups frozen strawberries
- raw honey, if needed, for sweetness
Blend ingredients 1-6 until smooth, then add spinach; blend until incorporated and at the end add strawberries and honey [if needed].
Cacao covers up the taste of maca powder and nutritional yeast, and you will will slurp away until you see the bottom of your glass.
In the afternoon, instead of eating a cooked meal I went for a huge and delicious Pineapple Spinach Salad.
Pineapple Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2 HUGE handfuls spinach, torn by hand
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 yellow onion, sliced and sauted in 1 tbsp of olive oil or water
- 1/2 tsp favorite seasoning to sprinkle on onions, while sauteing
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1-2 cups freshly sliced pineapple chunks [I sliced one pineapple ring about 1 inch thick]
- 1/4 cup raisins
- sprinkle of salt
- dress with freshly squeezed lemon juice [2-3 tbsp]
It is delicious beyond anyting you can imagine, especially if the pineapple is ripe.
Enjoy both of these.
Tonight, on my menu, fresh Ukrainian Borsch and freshly baked whole wheat bread. Can you taste the goodness?