A green smoothie that is!
While many have their supersticious beliefs about Friday the 13th, I think that it is as good of a day as any–made by God to enjoy and be healthy.
Hubby happened to have a couple of days off, so, having awakened Sprout this morning, for her morning meal, we went for a walk, then, once we got home, I whipped up a delicious Green Smoothie, to get the day going and to get him ready for a bike ride (his favorite sport!).
Peachy Plum Green Smoothie
makes 3-4 servings
It is SO good, and no one will ever know it has greens in it!
- 3 cups water
- 4 peaches
- 2 plums
- 1/2-1 cup bluberries
- beet greens from 4-6 beets (I had a bunch of smaller beets, so plenty of greens!)
- 1 tbsp dulse
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- dates or honey for sweetness, if needed
Blend until smooth in a high speed blender, and enjoy! If you can’t drink the whole thing, refrigerate leftovers for a later enjoyment. Store for no longer than three days.
Since some normally freak out on Friday the 13th (not this girl!), I thought we should do the opposite–let’s celebrate this WONDERFUL day in style.
How about 13% off anything in the Vegalicious Store?!
- Here is what you need to do to take advantage of the sale:
- Go to Vegalicious Store and pick out as many books as your heart desires
- At checkout, in the discount code box, enter FRIDAY13TH
- Click to UPDATE THE CART
- and you are ready to check out and celebrate.
Have a great day and stay tuned for the August Boot Camp announcement.