So far the 3-Day Raw Cleanse has been fantastic to me. Today I downed 2 Carrot Juices [made with slightly different ingredients--I am adding one of them under this post]; and 1 huge green salad–it kept me quiet satisfied and it is already nearly 4:00 pm! I am sure that nutrient needs vary not only from person to person, but also by activity level; so we all need to adjust accordingly.
If you are just catching up with us, and not sure what Cleanse I am talking about, read these posts first:
Today I want to show you how you can juice even if you don’t have a juicer. I will be using my kitchen “love-of-my-life” gadget–Vitamix 5200. So, strap on your seat-belts and watch the video. If you are getting this post via e-mail, click on this link: HOW TO MAKE JUICE WITH A BLENDER, to watch the video on YouTube.
Carrot & Beet Juice
Make ~18-20 oz.
- 1/3-1/2 cup filtered water/kombucha or coconut water
- 1 oz aloe vera juice
- 4 medium size carrots
- 1 medium size golden beet
- 1 large green apple [I used Fuji in the video, for the lack of Granny Smith apples in my fridge]
- Pour liquids into Vitamix
- Add apples, and give it whirl, until apples are chopped [looking close to apple sauce]
- Chop carrots and beet, saving beet greens for a green smoothie, and add to the blender while it is running, slowly increasing speed to 10, and then to HIGH
- Blend for 30-40 seconds, or until ingredients become a beautiful mush
- Prepare a glass bowl and milk bag; pour blender contents into milk bag and strain into the bowl until all you have left in the bag is pulp
- Transfer juice into a glass and enjoy!
Make sure to drink juice immediately, as, unlike smoothies, it oxidized very quickly.
NOTE FOR THOSE ON THE CLEANSE
Freeze some bananas tonight so you can indulge in a banana ice cream tonight and/or tomorrow.