About a month ago I blogged about how to reach your picky eaters. The feedback was varied and interesting, but most was great, because a lot of you tried a few tricks and they worked! You quickly found that involving your kids into food preparation and meal creating is the fastest way to make them excited about what they eat, and transition them into healthier foods. Today’s post will be just one more trick to be added to your bag, because we know that kids love popsicles and a lot of them sure do love candy! I have a combo that is perfect just for that.
Sugar Free Banana Popsicles
yields 12 3 oz servings
- 6-7 large, ripe organic bananas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries or cherries
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 12 Dixie cups
- 12 popsicle sticks
- Set up 12 Dixie cups, or, if you have perfect popsicle molds, get them ready
- In a food processor, blend 5 peeled bananas
- With a spoon, fill Dixie cups 1/3 of the way with the mixture
- Add strawberries/cherries to the remaining banana mixture and blend until smooth
- With a spoon, fill Dixie cups 2/3 of the way with the mixture
- Add renaming peeled bananas and cacao powder to the renaming mixture in the food processor and blend until smooth
- Fill Dixie cups with the mixture all the way to the top, place popcicle sticks in the middle and freeze until hard–about 2-3 hours
Remove paper cups and indulge in these sugar free popsicles…
or, serve them dipped into sugar free melted chocolate syrup with crushed Macademia nuts!
Freeze leftover popcicles in a plastic bag.
Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
covers 4-5 3 oz popcicles
- 1/4 cup sugar free vegan chocolate chips, such as Sunprise Grain Sweetened dairy free chocolate chips
- 7 tbsp almond milk (or other plant milk)
- preheat a pan on medium heat, add both ingredients and, constantly stirring, reduce heat to low-medium and melt chocolate chips until the mixture turns into syrup
- pour over popsicles with a spoon
- sprinkle some crushed Macademia nuts on top and place in a freezer for a few minutes until chocolate hardends
I don’t think I ever met a child that would say not to these kind of treats . Imagine having a popsicle making party with your child and his/her friends–they will love you for it! I know that my little Sprout is loving me for the treat I am munching on now !