I have been in the kitchen for the last couple of days, creating recipes that are not only vegan and healthy, but are also approved for those who are fighting cancer, which means they are fat free and 100% unprocessed, as well as being low on sodium.
Raw Vegan Tomato Soup Recipe
- 3/4-1 1/2 cup coconut water, or filtered water [depends on how thick you would like your soup]
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2-3 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/3 cup of sunflower seeds [presoaked] or cashews [presoaked]*; you can also substitute this with a ripe avocado
- Himalayan or sea salt to taste**
*cancer patients should stay away from using too much/or any nuts until they can get their condition under control
**cancer patients should try to reduce their salt intake as much as possible
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender, such as a super Vitamix 5200, and blend until smooth.
I served my soup with a slice of freshly homemade, whole wheat bread, however those who are fighting cancer should stay away from bread for a while. I heard that Gerson Therapy approves small portions of rye bread made without salt, though.
Fund raiser for Gary and Fay continues. Please visit Beating Cancer Naturally with Your Help to see if you can help.