I had big plans for today’s article, was in the middle of getting it ready, in fact, when my well-meaning, good Samaritan husband decided to go dig out a postal service worker out of snow on Tuesday. Within 30 minutes of getting home he started to cough…almost non-stop. I locked him away and took care of Sprout and household by myself. Last night, as I was putting Sprout to sleep, hoping to have time to work, as she decided that since we disrupted her normal routine (Daddy normally puts her to bed at night and I handle naps) she was going to make me work hard for it. I even tried putting her on a swing (which would normally knock her out in no time), only to give up 40 minutes later (yes, 40 minutes!). As I took her out of the swing, she told me she was hungry, then asked for…chocolate. When I said “no chocolate” she asked to be nursed; when I told her she has to wait until “tomorrow” (I am working on weaning her), she furiously began signing (and saying): “Eat!” After a late meal and additional 15 minutes sitting with her in her room, she was finally asleep, leaving me with little time to do anything except to catch up on emails.
While I will be finishing the planned article in the next couple of days (in which I will tell you about water filtration options), I thought it would be a great idea to share all of the thought provoking articles I had written during my pregnancy about vegan diet and pregnancy, in preparation for next week’s Achieving and Sustaining a Healthy Vegan Pregnancy webinar.
Vegan Diet, Health and Pregnancy
Here are the best articles to read about a whole foods, plant based (vegan) diet and pregnancy:
- Can Vitamin B12 be a Cure for Infertility and stop Miscarriages?
- Vitamin B12 Natural Infertility Treatment
- Going Ultrasound Free
- Choosing your birthing experience (midwives, at home birth or a hospital birth)
- Water Birth? Births at Home? Hospitals Births ? Hear from a Nurse Who’s Seen it All
- Joys of a home birth
- Baby’s gender selection
- Cures and remedies for morning sickness
- What are the Best Prenatal Vitamins?
- Healthy pregnancy recipes
- How to avoid negative pregnancy symptoms
- Why I chose home birth (water birth)
- Why I chose placenta encapsulation
- Ten pregnancy and maternity myths
Read them, share this post and let me know your thoughts about any of these topics.
Want to know More?
Make sure to register for Achieving and Sustaining a Healthy Vegan Pregnancy webinar to learn more about vegan diet and healthy pregnancy. This webinar will be dedicated to women’s reproductive health and dietary factors that affect it. I will cover the topics of:
- Birth control
- Birth control alternatives
- Nutrition and Pregnancy
- Supplementation during pregnancy
- Weight gain during pregnancy
- Mineral and vitamin requirements, including
- DHA/fatty acids
- Folic acid
- Morning sickness
- Water retention
- Fitness and pregnancy
- Breastfeeding vs. Formula feeding